Friday, May 31, 2013

Freedom Session 2 is out!

Hello Co-Visionaries,

Freedom Session 2, the second zine compilation from the Herbal Freedom Webpage, is hot off the press and ready for your viewing pleasure.

Table of Contents:

THE INACCESSIBILITY OF MODERN WESTERN HERBALISM.. 6
BASICS. 8
Medicinal Herbs by David Hoffman. 9
Herbal Properties and Actions by Jim McDonald. 13
FLOWER ESSENCES. 19
Writings from blogs by Atava Garcia Swiecicki, from Ancestral Apothecary. 20
Flower Healing Past and Present 20
Flower Healing Part 2. 20
Making Flower Essences. 22
Flower Essence Therapy. 24
Administering Flower Essences. 26
        Flower Essences for Healing, Recovery & the 12 Steps. 27
        Flower Essences and Same-Sex Relationships by John R. Stowe. 30
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY. 33
        The Digestive System.. 34
AYURVEDA. 38
READING THE BODY. 42
         Basics of Muscle Testing. 45
OURSTORY. 50
         Pan-African Indigenous Herbal Medicine Technology Transfer 51
OUR RADICAL HISTORY. 62
         Young Lords: A Reader: Health and Hospitals 63
A LETTER TO CO-VISIONARIES. 82

RESOURCES. 84

You can access it here:
http://issuu.com/toiscott/docs/hfs_vol_2_final/86

Yours in Knowledge,
AGQ

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Followed a linky trail from decolonizing yoga to this awesome site - way to go!! (-: I am presented with a dilemma though - and maybe you can help? I am a public school teacher, quaker, queer ally, and herbalist, in the very white suburbs of Denver, CO, and while I try to do my best to educate myself, advocate as best I can, and connect as well as I'm able to other Friends, allies, and advocates in my dorky white straight area, I can't help but notice that the more I read, the more I feel... I don't know... Is there an assumption that middle aged straight white folks like me don't get what you're trying to communicate? How do people like me let people like you know we are not all what you think we are? It's pretty obvious to the people I work with every day, but my work is too low-profile maybe? to let the world know that I am fighting the fight right along with ya. Talk to me.